We are trying to keep this page up to date. If you cannot find an answer on the FAQ page please contact us for more information.



  • CALL BEFORE YOU DIG ? 1-800-272-1000 Why ?

    There are underground utility pipes, cables, and wires in places that you would never expect, and often close to the surface!
    Cutting or breaking any of these underground utilities can incur extremely high repair costs as well as service disruption for numerous residents, and property damage. However in the case of severing or cutting into electric or natural gas lines, it can cause severe injury or even be deadly.


    One Call Systems, Inc. , (OCS) is charged with operating the utility damage prevention system statewide, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Their obligation is to receive and record the notice of intent to excavate, assign a notification number to each intent to excavate, and transmit the information to the appropriate utilities promptly. One Call Systems, Inc., (OCS) has been providing underground notification and damage protection services to utility companies nationwide since 1975.


    Anytime you (contractor OR homeowner) plan to dig (excavation, demolition, and blasting) whether it’s a large construction or a homeowner project, such as putting up a fence, clothesline pole, mailbox post, or even a real estate sign post, creating a new garden (existing gardens are excluded), building a home addition, deck, or foundation, etc. , you must call not less than three (3) business days or more than ten (10) business days in advance. A business day is any day, not including weekends or holidays. The number to call is 1-800-272-1000.

    Additional ONE-CALL details for those interested:

    The One-Call system alerts the various utility companies who may have buried pipes, cables, and wires in your specific area. Each utility company will “Mark Out” the locations of their underground apparatus to alert you of its location. Each type of utility uses a different color marking paint for their portion. Blue is Water; Green is Sewer; Yellow is Natural Gas; Red is Electric; and Orange is Telephone, Cable TV or other Communications Lines, including Fiber Optics. White marking paint is to be utilized to mark out the proposed digging area(s) by the contractor or homeowner in advance of the various utilities companies arrival to identify and mark the locations of their respective underground pipes, cables, or wires. In addition to the colored marking paint, most utility companies will often insert marker flags as well, bearing the same utility color scheme. The OBMUA will mark out our water lines in blue and sewer lines in green, following the standard mark out color codes. We at the OBMUA, as a utility company, are not exempt from requesting mark-outs either! You may have even observed us applying the white marking paint in areas of proposed excavation for a new installation or replacement of our own underground equipment so the other of utility companies can identify our proposed excavation areas and apply their color coded markings as accordingly. However, in certain emergency cases when we must immediately dig into the ground to repair a broken OBMUA water main or sewer line, we can alert the other utility companies of our emergency and begin our emergency excavation immediately. In these emergency cases we have defined procedures to follow.

  • What are your office hours?

    Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. (Certain Holidays Excluded)

  • How often are we invoiced?

    You are invoiced quarterly for usage during the previous quarter for water, and the current month and two months in advance for sewer. Bills are mailed quarterly to residences and monthly to businesses.

  • Can I pay my bills at the office or must I send it to the PO Box address in Laurence Harbor, NJ.?

    You can pay your bills at 71 Boulevard West, Cliffwood Beach or 15 Throckmorton Lane, Old Bridge. Bills can also be paid at any branch office of Amboy Bank or mailed to PO Box 1006 Laurence Harbor, NJ 08879. Outside drop boxes are also provided for your convenience to drop off payments after hours.

  • Can I pay my bills over the phone?

    The MUA cannot accommodate our customers with payment by phone. However, you may stop in at either of our offices located at 71 Boulevard West, Cliffwood Beach or 15 Throckmorton Lane, Old Bridge and pay by cash, check or money order. Mailing your payment is also an option. Never mail cash.

  • Do you take credit card payments?

    Yes.  Please look at the upper left-hand side of our web page under Pay My Bill.

  • Can you automatically bill my credit card each month?

    Currently we have no plans but, this option may be available in the future.

  • How can I change the name on this account?

    The MUA requests written documentation such as a deed, death or marriage certificate in order for all name changes to be made.

  • Do you provide a senior citizen discount?

    If you qualify for the Senior Citizens Property Tax Deduction through Old Bridge Township Tax Assessor’s Office you will automatically qualify for 20% off of your base water and sewer bill with the OBMUA. Those residents who are disabled veterans may also apply through the Township Tax Assessor’s Office.

  • I will be away on vacation can I pay my bill in advance?

    Yes, you can pay your bill in advance.

  • Can I view my account via the internet?

    At present we do not provide this capacity, however, we are always examining the possibility of additional technologies. Although there are no current plans for this option, it may become available in the future.

  • Can I pay my bill via the internet?

    At present we do not provide this capacity, however you can use your “bill pay” feature on your online banking web site.